I'm a bit embarrassed at the amount of time that has passed since my last blog. To be honest with you, I allowed the enemy to get me with some ideas that maybe it was dumb, that nobody really read them, and it would be best if I just quit writing them. Well, I was told last night by a dear friend that she keeps looking to see if there is a new post. Wow, I'm humbled.
In the past month, I've found myself on the battlefield, experiencing the tug between truth and evil. I realize that the more Matt and I meet with couples, pray for marriages, and encourage TRUE,Godly principles within these relationships, the more satan is going to be threatened. We expect the attacks, which is half the battle. However, satan is crafty and likes to strike when we are most vulnerable. When we are tired, suffering from PMS or an illness, when we are preoccupied and busy.
This has been the case for me, and I'm not pleased with my thought process, my behavior, and my attitude lately. It's all a matter of the heart. In Matthew 12, the Word says "out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks." Well, upon recognizing my gruesome heart, and the behavior/speech it was causing, I got on my knees. God quickly drew me to Philippians 4:5. "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." I certainly have not been gentle, let alone evidently gentle! I've been selfish and rude. God doesn't call us to display gentleness only when conditions are favorable to us, or when we "feel" like it. God's character within us is truly displayed when it's the contrary. It's easy to be positive, cheerful, and gentle when things are going "our" way. The truth is, we have the option and power, through the Holy Spirit, to allow our gentleness to be evident to all in the moments when it's the most challenging.
One of my favorite holidays is coming up....I LOVE Valentines Day. I know many do not, but I've always been a sap for it. As we see all of these hearts everywhere, let us be reminded of the condition of our own hearts. I'm so thankful for God's promise of giving me a brand new one. "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:26
With His love and tender heart,
Cindi
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for writing Cindi!!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to contemplate that last verse...