Well, we are down to the one week countdown. I am positive that all you wives & mothers are in the thick of the shopping, cards, baking, wrapping, and organizing (on top of your already huge stack of daily tasks). I always find it ironic that the most miraculous time of year can be the most stressful, hectic, and depressing.
This is just a tiny reminder that it's all about Jesus! As wives/mothers, it's essential to pass along that message that we really just want to celebrate the Life given on our behalf. I think back to years when my boys were small, and unfortunately, I regret how I sometimes allowed the hustle & bustle to take over. There were years that I was so consumed by the lists of tasks, the deadlines, and the stress that I just turned into "mommy-crazy-crabby." Yep, nothing says "Christ is born" like a tired, screeching lunatic!
Now, I'm sure that none of you are quite this bad, but you know what I'm talking about. We allow the world to suck us dry leaving little or no energy for what counts. It's a challenge each year, even now as an empty nester grandma. However, it is because that perfect Baby was born, that we can now sit and REST at His feet.
Take a moment to sit quietly with your kids, give them a treat that you would normally ban :), and tell them the Christmas story! Then take a quiet mommy-moment to refuel. Then plan a private date with your husband. Even if it's just an hour in your living room after the kiddles are down. These are priceless gifts that we should spend our time and energy on!
"When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart."
Luke 2:17-19
A blessed Christmas to you all!
cindi
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment