I'm once again reminded of how much satan hates a Godly marriage. The enemy will do anything he can to cause a husband and wife to be at odds. So, as the marriage matures in Christ, the enemy must get craftier and really push our buttons when we are the most vulnerable.
I've lately found myself rolling around in my own muddy puddle of selfishness and discontent. I am romantic, a hard-core romantic, which is somewhat fun, but mostly annoying. We have an amazing marriage that is growing stronger in the Lord each day. However, if I'm not constantly fixed on Jesus and Truth, I get forgetful, lazy, and easily distracted. The enemy steps in to whisper how "sad" it is that my husband doesn't act on his great intentions to write notes, bring flowers, seem elated to spend time with me,....blah, blah, blah. Gross.
So, instead of jumping for joy in thanksgiving for the awesome, wonderful, amazing husband God has blessed me with...I'm bent out of shape due to some crazy, petty notion that I lack anything.
This is the lie, ladies! We who are in Christ lack NOTHING. This means NOTHING! The Word reminds us over and over that He is our love, our joy, our strength, our peace, our passion, our contentment!
In Debbie Pearl's book "Created to be His Help Meet," she points out that "discontentment is not a product of circumstances, it is the state of the soul!" Within the same paragraph, she states, "thankfulness is how you think; joy is the abundance it produces." Nice!
I'm so thankful that our loving Father gently disciplines us when we stray from His Truths. This morning, I was blessed with Psalm 40:3. "He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."
Don't know if this speaks to any of you, but God really wants to humble me to share the stumbles, as well as the victories in marriage. We are all along the same wonderful journey. May we all start each day on our knees, seeking to be completely fulfilled by HIM!
Love you sisters!
Cindi
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks!! We've definitely been feeling fire lately... but to be honest I thought the ball mostly in his court. Its good to be reminded to be thankful.
ReplyDeleteJust to show you how threatened the enemy is...I chatted with a sister yesterday about this topic for over an hour. God encouraged us both and reminded us of His promises in marriage. Well, satan didn't take long to strike. Matt and I got into an old school fight last night...and after all was said and done, we both were stupified at how quickly we both went for the bait, and failed to recognize the attack! Even Matt said he couldn't believe how fiercely we were attacked. It's really eerie when you think about the battlefield. Truth: the battle belongs to the Lord! We just have to choose to stop trying to fight it :)
ReplyDelete