My dear daughter-in-law recenty commented that she cannot believe her newborn is 5 weeks old already, and thought it might be nice to have a pause button. Welcome to motherhood, it only seems to get worse. The more time passes, the faster it clips by. When my boys were little, there were times that I wondered if I would ever have a life without wet sheets. Then I literally blinked. (although, already warned by many seasoned moms not to blink) I simply cannot understand how they are suddenly 25 and 22 yr old men. They are babes in your arms, then you look up, and they are walking down the aisle to be wed.
God promises throughout the Word that a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years a day. I don't know why I'm surprised that it's going so fast. James 4:14 says "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."
This should be such an encouragement to us moms to cherish & savor each day, each moment. When we find ourselves exhausted, frustrated, worried, and/or bored, we simply need to focus on the face of Jesus, knowing that this life is so brief, and we are given much.
Most of my trouble comes when I'm focused on the details around me (that won't even matter in a week). However, when I'm truly thinking "eternally," those petty details disappear, and I'm able to appreciate the beautiful life God has given me, be it oh so brief.
Those babies grow up so fast! How we spend our time is crutial. Ignore a dirty house sometimes if you must....but allow yourself to spend time with your kids, teaching them the Word of God, and equipping them with Truth that they will need all their lives. This is what counts!
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18
God bless your week....and DON'T blink :)
cindi
God promises throughout the Word that a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years a day. I don't know why I'm surprised that it's going so fast. James 4:14 says "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."
This should be such an encouragement to us moms to cherish & savor each day, each moment. When we find ourselves exhausted, frustrated, worried, and/or bored, we simply need to focus on the face of Jesus, knowing that this life is so brief, and we are given much.
Most of my trouble comes when I'm focused on the details around me (that won't even matter in a week). However, when I'm truly thinking "eternally," those petty details disappear, and I'm able to appreciate the beautiful life God has given me, be it oh so brief.
Those babies grow up so fast! How we spend our time is crutial. Ignore a dirty house sometimes if you must....but allow yourself to spend time with your kids, teaching them the Word of God, and equipping them with Truth that they will need all their lives. This is what counts!
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18
God bless your week....and DON'T blink :)
cindi

No comments:
Post a Comment