Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Liar, liar

Wow. How vicious satan can be. I began this blog yesterday after a dear friend turned a big corner in her life. She decided to quit her full-time job, and stay home with her 3 young children and focus on her marriage. Praise God! Naturally, feelings of fear and failure started to creep in. After assuring her that it's nothing but lies of the enemy, I was once again reminded of how alert & aware we need to be in order to recognize the lie, and quickly reject the lie.

Well, I should've expected the attack, just not so quickly. Not weeks or days, but just hours after sharing this great truth, I got tripped up on lies. Not one, but several at the same time! So, this morning, I'm thinkin "what a dork!" However, there's the next lie! We cannot wake with satan's thumb of defeat pressing on us. It is so important for me to remember that I have all access to the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. I must remember to choose truth. 2 Corinthians 10:5 has this awesome promise;

" We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ".

My prayer is to live by Philippians 4:8-9 today. "Finally brothers (sisters), whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." AMEN!

Let's pray for each other, for wisdom, awareness, and strength to reject the lies.

God bless your day :)
cindi

1 comment:

  1. Cool Cindi! You should add the Follow app. onto your page so that people can follow and it will automatically notify them when you've written a new blog. =) Glad you could join us in cyber world.

    ReplyDelete